With over a billion registered users and counting, Facebook has gradually transformed from a simple social site to one of the largest advertising platforms you can imagine. You actually have access to a number of tools that enable you to advertise you business to millions of potential customers you can count on to succeed in online business in terms of increased possibility of securing sales for your product(s) or service.
Successful Facebook advertising involves a number of several critical steps and the first of these is registration. Whether for personal or business, use of Facebook requires that you register with your email address and a password. This is in addition to other your specific details. It is only after successful registration that you can have access to Facebook. It is from your personal Facebook page that you can create your business page where several business tools are put at your disposal.
The second step to successful Facebook advertising lies in gaining a reasonable number of friends or followers. You need to realize that successful advertising on Facebook is not about making direct sales but creating relationships first. All that Facebook is about is relationship marketing. It is therefore very important that you gain a reasonable number of followers before you embark on advertising your business, product(s) or service. The benefit of having a reasonable number of friends or followers lies in the fact that they will be able to comment, share or like your business, product(s) or service once you introduce the same.
The third step and which is probably the most important one is in creating your business Ad(s), product Ad(s) or service Ad. This you can do by making use of Facebook’s Ads creation tool available to you. Creating content-rich posts about your business or product is also very important. Because you already have a reasonable number of friends or followers, they will be able to share, comment or like your ads, actions that have the positive effect of popularizing your business and attracting more followers.
Although the above three are the most important steps you need to follow to successfully advertise your business on Facebook, there are very important issues you need to work on to succeed in your Facebook advertising efforts. The first of these is to understand your target market. You seriously need to define your target market in line with the several targeting factors that Facebook offers. Such targeting factors include location, age and interest among other factors.
A second issue you need to consider is size of your advertising budget. It is no secret that there are thousands who have spent significant amount of money advertising on Facebook but have failed to realize advertising success. It pays to set a Facebook advertising budget that you can comfortably manage. The ideal scenario is to set a long-term advertising budget (regardless of how low it may be) instead of spending a significant amount within a short time.
Advertising on Facebook requires that you closely monitor the performance of your advertising campaign(s). Because you may not make any sales at the start of your advertising campaign, it is important that you monitor the number of fans, likes and comments that your advertising attracts. Visiting Facebook’s Ad Report Area gives you the opportunity to download three very important reports; responder profiles, responder demographics and advertising performance.
A promotion is a way of drawing attention to your business whether it be through advertising or other means. Special offers, sales or contests that are not normally available usually produce impressive results. It is an effective way for any business to draw in new potential customers and to retain existing customers.
By running periodical promotional offers that are fun and interesting, you are keeping your business fresh and alive. But more importantly, you are showing your customers you want to help them save money, thus making them feel special and appreciated.
The ideas for promoting your business are unlimited. Be creative and make your promotional offers fun and unique. Encourage interaction with your customers to make them more memorable.
Below are ten great ideas that are sure to pump up your sales and produce profits! We all know the standard discounted prices, bogo, and other sales but by putting new and fun twists on these proven tactics you are making them fresh and exciting!
1. Silver, Bronze and Gold Tickets – Hold an Olympic Event. Let everyone know that each and every customer will receive a silver, bronze or gold ticket with their purchase. These tickets allow the customer to save a good amount on any following orders or offer instant savings with the ticket.
Silver Ticket = 25% Savings.
Bronze Ticket = 35% Savings.
Gold Ticket = 50% Savings.
These numbers are just examples of course and can be changed to suit your business or you can use a dollar amount instead of percentage.
2. BOGO with a Twist – Put a fun new twist on the old BOGO standby. With each BOGO purchase, offer a certain amount of points depending on the amount of purchase. When the customer reaches a certain amount of points, offer him/her a free item of a certain value, or a gift card, etc. 50 points = free $10.00 item; 100 points = free $20 item and so on.
3. Business Card Codes – Put special discount codes on your business cards. Let people know they will need the business card when they make the purchase to get the discount. This is a good way to get people to take and keep your business card and could lead to many new customers.
4. Refer a Friend – Offer a gift or discount to anyone who refers a friend. Offer a discount to the friend for any purchases as well as a gift card, or coupon to the customer who referred the friend. Make the discounts a percentage of what is purchased. Or offer so many rewards for the purchase, depending on total of purchase. Each level of rewards gets a larger discount or gift. You could also hold a refer a friend contest. The one who provides the most friends or highest friend purchases will get a substantial prize.
5. Trivia Contest – There are very few of us who do not like trivia. Post a new trivia question each week. Customers must come in or email/text their answers with a special code found on your website or in your newsletter. At the end of the month offer a prize to the one with the most correct answers. Or, in the case of several people getting the same amount of questions correct, enter them into a drawing for the prize with all runners-up getting a smaller prize. There are so many fun ways you can offer trivia as a means for your customers to save money.
6. Name a Product – Hold contests for naming your products, coming up with flavors, choosing colors, etc. Many successful companies hold promotions such as these and they produce huge results.
7. Customer Appreciation – Have a customer appreciation day. This can be done online or offline. Have refreshments, games, prizes, contests, etc. Offer demonstrations of your products or services and have a Q&A session afterwards. Really be creative and make this event special. Obviously, online and offline events will be different but either way, your customers will know you appreciate them!
8. Customer of the Month – Take the old employee of the month idea and use it for your customers. Rewarding loyal existing customers is just as important as getting new customers.
9. Scavenger Hunt – Provide people with a short list of items and for each item the customer brings in or sends online, they will get rewards, points, dollars off, etc. For an online scavenger hunt, the person must find the items on a website and then have them provide the link. These items must be unique so they are not too easy to find. Of course, you don’t want them to have to work too hard. Just have a light, fun game to bring some interest. Your customers will enjoy seeing how many items they find and how much they win for finding them.
10. Daily Special – Have everyday be special for your customers. Each day offers a new savings. For example: Monday = $5.00 of this item. Tuesday = Save 10% on everything and so on for each and every day. If this is too much for you, just do it one week out of the month. Make it work for you, your business and your customers!
The above ideas can certainly be adjusted to fit whatever business you are in or details can be changed to suit your needs and your customers’ needs. These few ideas in no way encompass all the possibilities of how you can attract new and existing customers. But, hopefully, they will get you started and your creative juices will start flowing for more successful promotional ideas!
If you have a local business that is focused on a relatively narrow geographical location within your country or state, then you can benefit from local blog writing and SEO services. The reason for this should be obvious, although many small businesses are suffering from a lack of publicity and are not making the most of their customer base.
Even today, people will go to Yellow Pages if they want a service and Gumtree, Craigslist or eBay if they want to purchase products at cut prices. Few will carry out an online search for specific websites or blogs. That’s where you could be missing out!
Seek Out Your Own Local Business Services
There is more to the internet than those well-known sites, and there is no reason whatsoever why your home or local business cannot compete with these giants. Many have done it, and all it takes is to create your own website.
Sure, you will be unlikely to catch those who search specifically on such sites for local sources of what they are looking for. However, if you set up your own website or blog locally, then you are highly likely to catch those people living in your area that enter a search term rather than a web address.
Let’s explain that a bit more comprehensively. If you are selling cars or run a business repairing and then selling vans, then you won’t catch those that immediately go to Gumtree, Craigslist or eBay if they are looking for a new white van. However, the modern ‘white van man’ is increasingly beginning to cast their net wider, and to carry out online searches for ‘white vans,’ ‘refurbished vans,’ and ‘cheap vans for sale.’
How to Compete With Your Local Business Competition
In such cases it is perfectly possible for you to compete with the above mentioned sales sites, and have your own website listed at the top of Google’s results pages for specific keywords (search terms.) There are many local business benefits available to anybody with either knowledge of websites and how to generate the right compelling content, or for those knowing where to outsource the web content and SEO optimization needed to get them to the top of Google’s rankings!
The secret is to use local advertising. In fact, you can write a few blog posts related to your local area, and then focus your efforts on local SEO. If you are unsure how to optimize your webs pages or blog posts to maximize the likelihood of your pages being listed on Google or other search engines when people search for local suppliers of what you are selling, then there are many people that can help you do so!
Local Web Content and SEO Optimization Services
You should be able to find a number of potential local writing services and SEO optimization services. They can help you find a local source of what you are searching for and assist you in promoting your own local website. It is not difficult to make a few small changes to your site to make sure that your web pages are published on Google Local listings.
Are you willing to invest in a more long-term and reliable organic traffic source for your website? Then let’s look at a search engine that can assist you in increasing your traffic.
Interview an Influencer or Get Interviewed by a High-traffic Website
Have you heard of Tim Ferriss, the author of the Four-Hour Work Week?
His podcast is nowadays a staple content type that he provides to his viewers. Tim’s show has world-class performers who share their insights on a variety of topics, and he is well-liked on social media. Do Tim’s fans enjoy the show? So far, the show has received over 50 million downloads. On most days, it’s the most popular business podcast on iTunes.
Interviews, whether on video or audio, are inherently conversational, lively, and engaging. The great aspect is that it’s a win-win situation for both sides. The interviewer is exposed to a new audience, while the interviewee is able to provide his website visitors with new fascinating and authoritative information. You can ask an industry influencer to share your interview with their followers on social media if you interview them. Consider the organic traffic you’ll get from their social media followers, which number in the hundreds of thousands. Consider the level of interest generated by a prior Derek Sivers interview on the Tim Ferriss Show. Derek shared the show’s URL with his 283K followers on Twitter. It won’t hurt if you establish a relationship with the influencer as a result of the interview.
Similarly, being interviewed by a high-ranking website can result in a significant increase in search engine traffic. Harsh Agrawal’s blog, Shoutmeloud, received 35,000+ views in a single day after he was profiled by YourStory. That was the blog’s most popular search engine traffic source (with 600,000+ monthly visitors). Because interviews provide consolidated value, they can be used as a long-term lead generating source for your company. Consider how many bloggers you’ve learned about through interviews on YouTube and other high-authority websites.
You may also conduct a Reddit AMA if you have a very compelling storey to tell. Mateen’s AMA got about generating $85,000 in profit by selling TeeSpring shirts/hoodies received 2000 page views. He also boosted the number of visitors to his website on a daily basis.
By registering as a source with HARO, you can also answer queries from journalists. On HARO, Christopher from Snappa came across this question from Inc Magazine about the future of content marketing. He swiftly responded with a thorough response. He was mentioned in Inc a few weeks later as a result of this. HARO is an excellent strategy to have your brand mentioned on authoritative news sites such as Entrepreneur and Inc. Those backlinks will enhance your search engine traffic and increase your marketing strategy by improving your reputation in Google’s eyes. Contact an SEO agency to find out how you can do this and how they can manage it for you while you work on the bottom line of your business.